Below are top tips from the Health and Safety Executive for safe window cleaning;
- Plan what you will do in an emergency, or if someone falls
- Make sure the people who will be doing the job have the right skills experience and training to use the equipment safely and have been consulted about the right equipment to use
- Take frequent breaks, especially when working from a ladder – do not work from a ladder for longer than 30 minutes at a time
- If you have to use a ladder make sure you re-position it before you clean another window, to reduce the risk of an accident from over-reaching
- If you use a ladder keep three points of contact wherever possible
- If you are hiring access equipment, make sure you know how to install and dismantle it safely – ask the hirer for instructions or assistance if you need them
If you have any questions, or would like to enquire about how Perfectshine can help you maintain your property, please call 01224 798929.